This product has been archivedProduct Support
Colour Control Points: Enhancements for hue, brightness and saturation are as simple as placing a Colour Control Point on your image, then adjusting the length of the sliders. For example, Colour Control Points are remarkably convenient for changing the colour of flowers for better effect against green surrounding foliage. Take a dull gray sky and add blue to change the mood of a captured scene.
Selection Control Points: Now you can selectively edit photographs without the need to manually outline or mask the area for editing. Simply place a Selection Control Point anywhere on the photograph then choose from almost any adjustment such as D-Lighting, Unsharp Mask or Noise Reduction, while limiting the “reach” of that adjustment to just the selected area.
Auto-Retouch Brush: Capture NX 2 adds an automatic retouch tool to its image editing toolbox allowing users to seamlessly remove blemishes, dust and other distracting elements from photographs while maintaining the integrity of the image.
Shadow/Highlight Adjustment: With just a simple slider adjustment you can easily open up shadows or recover blown-out highlights. Highlight recovery is most effective for RAW (NEF) files however it will work with JPEG and TIFF files as well.
Redesigned Interface includes:
- Customized Workspaces
- Improved Toolbar function and layout
- Improved Edit List functionality
- Newly designed image browser featuring a Favorites Folder
- Improved Image Resolution adjustments
Capture NX 2 features award-winning U Point® technology for precision selection and application of enhancements without complicated selections or layer masks. Designed to closely match the way photographers work with their images, Capture NX 2 is easy to learn and creates the highest quality results.
Features continuing from Capture NX version 1.x include:
- Colour Control Points (improved operation)
- Black/White/Neutral Control Points (improved layout)
- Colour management control with Soft Proofing
- Colour Aberration Control, D-Lighting (High Speed/High Quality), Image Dust Off, Vignette Control and Fisheye-to-Rectilinear Image Transformation
- Noise Reduction: global or selective adjustments
- Distortion Control - reduces pincushion and barrel distortion effects
- Colour Booster
- Colour Balance
- Photo Enhance (for toning, sepia, black and white)
- Levels/Curves Editor, LCH Editor, Auto Levels
- Unsharp Mask, Gaussian Blur, High Pass Filter
- Add Grain/Noise
- Contrast: Colour Range
- Black-and-White Conversion
- Straighten and Crop Tools
- Full support for Picture Control (camera and software-based function)
Capture NX 2 provides the highest quality RAW (NEF) conversions from your Nikon camera and fully integrates with all Nikon software including Camera Control Pro 2, Image Authentication Software, Transfer and ViewNX.
U Point® is a registered trademark of Nik Software, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Products and brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
LCD, Video and Photo Gallery images are for illustrative purposes only.