This product has been archivedProduct Support Product Manual
Superior Image Quality
12.1 -megapixel CMOS sensor for high speed operation and exceptional low-light performance.
10x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens. Versatile 30-300mm lens ranges wide to capture landscapes, zooms in to get close to the action. In the NIKKOR tradition of precision optics, the high-quality ED glass lens delivers superb colour and razor-sharp results.
4-way VR Image Stabilization System
- Optical VR Image Stabilization by lens shift minimizes the effects of camera shake.
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
- High ISO up to 3200 for optimum results when shooting in low light or photographing fast-moving subjects.
- Nikon’s Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to ten shots while the shutter is pressed, then selects and saves the sharpest image.
EXPEED C2 continues to expand the possibilities of photography with improved levels of image quality, fine detail and processing speed. Custom-optimized for each COOLPIX model, Nikon’s renowned digital image processing engine ensures outstanding images.
- 3-inch Ultra-High Resolution (921,000-dot) Clear Colour Display for still images and movies that come alive with rich detail and improved contrast. The large LCD's wide viewing angle and anti-glare coating make it easy to compose, view and share pictures.
- Advanced low light shooting capability.
- Shoot still images even while recording HD Movie.
- Smart Portrait System
- Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when your subject smiles.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects most instances of red-eye as you shoot. You may never see red-eye again.
- Face-Priority AF. Nikon’s face-finding technology automatically detects up to 12 faces.
- Skin Softening smoothes skin tones at three different levels for optimal portraits; can be applied while shooting or during playback.
- Blink Warning alerts you if a subject has blinked.
- 17 Scene modes including Scene Auto Selector
- Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the scene you're shooting and selects the most appropriate scene mode; offers six scene modes plus auto.
- Macro shooting as close as 0.4 inches.
- 220 still shots (approx.) with supplied EN-EL12 Li-ion rechargeable battery.
- Mode Dial for quick setting of key functions.
- ISO can be set as high as 3200.
- In-camera editing functions include Quick Retouch, and D-Lighting.
- Creative Slider allows adjustment of brightness, saturation and colour.
HD Movie Recording
- Full HD (1080p) Movie with Stereo and HDMI Output, optical Zoom control and stereo sound recording. HDMI output allows easy in-camera playback or convenient playback on HD-TV or computer. In-camera movie editing function also available. One-Touch record button for instant Movie recording.
High Speed Performance
- Ultra-fast start-up, autofocus and shooting.
- High Speed Shooting capture 5 shots in approximately one second at full resolution.
- Sport Continuous Shooting to capture fast action (reduced image size).
- Shoot Slow Motion Movies up to 240 fps by selecting HS Movie mode (reduced image size).
- Subject Tracking automatically tracks a moving subject to ensure sharp focus.
LCD, Video and Photo Gallery images are for illustrative purposes only.