This product has been archivedProduct Support Product Manual
10.0 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches. Plenty of sharp resolution to capture the finest details, crop creatively and produce incredible enlargements.
3x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens. NIKKOR optics provide exceptional pictures and gets you close to the action. The lens is built on a proud heritage of producing precision camera optics that deliver superb colour and razor-sharp results.
New EXPEED Image Processor ensures high-quality pictures with stunning colour and sharpness. Nikon’s comprehensive digital imaging processing concept incorporates know-how and technologies accumulated throughout our long history of photographic and digital imaging development. EXPEED is custom-tuned for COOLPIX and applies optimized technologies to render natural-looking pictures of incredible quality and quick response so you will not miss that special moment.
Add Colour to Your World with five new incredible colours that have been finished in a stylish and sleek brushed-aluminum finish. The S220 is available in Plum, Graphite Black, Cobalt Blue, Aqua Green, Magenta and Warm Silver.
4-Way VR Image Stabilization:
- Nikon’s Electronic VR Image Stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by adjusting shutter speed and ISO setting. This produces clearer, sharper results in lower lighting or unsteady conditions.
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts the shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
- High ISO 2000 capability gives you sharper results when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects. This creates new opportunities to take sharper, more natural-looking photos in lower light conditions.
- Nikon’s original Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the shutter is pressed and then saves the sharpest image.
Incredible, Bright 2.5-inch High Resolution LCD makes it easy to compose and share your pictures. In addition, the high-contrast and anti-reflection coating on the screen assist in clear viewing, even in direct sunlight.
Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the scene in your picture and adjusts the camera settings. Just set the camera to the Scene Auto Selector and the camera changes the settings according to the scene you are photographing, automatically.
Nikon’s Smart Portrait System
- Smile Mode automatically releases the shutter when your subject smiles. The camera will detect the subject's smile and will automatically fire the shutter. With Nikon's Blink Proof the camera automatically takes two shots and saves the one in which the subject’s eyes are open.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again.
- Face-Priority AF is Nikon’s face-finding technology that automatically focuses on up to 12 faces in a group portrait.
- D-Lighting rescues dark or backlit images by improving brightness and detail where needed.
LCD, Video and Photo Gallery images are for illustrative purposes only.