D600 Service Advisory
UPDATED D600 SERVICE ADVISORY AS OF MARCH 28, 2014
Technical Service Advisory for Users of the Nikon D600 Digital SLR Camera
Thank you for choosing Nikon for your imaging needs.
Nikon D600 Digital SLR Cameras
Some users of Nikon's D600 D-SLR camera have reported the appearance of tiny spots on certain of their images. Not all users have experienced this issue. Nikon has thoroughly evaluated these reports and has determined that these spots are caused by dust particles which may become visible when the camera is used in certain circumstances and/or with certain settings. It is a well-known fact that the presence of dust particles cannot be completely avoided when using a D-SLR camera even after normal sensor cleaning procedures, because of a number of factors including components moving at high speeds when images are taken, the use of interchangeable lenses, and the different environments in which a D-SLR camera may be used. As part of its customer-service commitment, Nikon is providing a customer-service measure to reduce the potential impact of dust particles on images taken by its D600 D- SLR cameras.
The solution: Nikon is making available to all owners of D600 cameras (even if Nikon's product warranty has expired) this customer-service measure, which includes the inspection, cleaning and replacement of the shutter assembly and related parts of your camera, FREE OF CHARGE as well as the cost of shipping D600 cameras to Nikon and their return to customers via Purolator by using a dedicated shipping label. In the event that after this customer service measure has been performed, dust particle spots are still visible in your images, please contact Nikon Customer Relations by phone at the number below to discuss your concern. If appropriate, Nikon will either replace your camera with a new D600 camera or its equivalent model.
Once again, please understand that regardless of this service, your D600 camera as is the case with all D-SLR cameras, will continue to require normal periodic sensor cleanings.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Clearly indicate your name, return address, postal code, telephone number, valid e-mail address, and product serial number.
- Our Nikon Canada Customer Relations Team will respond the same day or next working day with a prepaid Purolator shipping label via e-mail.
- Simply download and print the prepaid Purolator shipping label and apply it to the package.
- Fill out the online repair form, print and include it inside the package.
- In shipping, please secure the D600 camera in a plastic bag inside the shipping box with several inches of quality packing material on all sides of the D600 camera. Please send your D600 camera and packing slip only. Do not include any lenses, batteries, memory cards or other accessories. Please do not ship in the original display box (It will not be returned).
- Drop off the package at a Purolator location near you (http://www.purolator.com/en/ship-track/find-location.page). You may also request Purolator to pick up your package by selecting the Schedule a Pickup option on Purolator.com or calling 1-888-SHIP-123.
Nikon will notify you by email when your D600 has been received at Nikon's repair centre.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. Nikon remains committed to providing only the highest quality cameras and components, and we hope that you will continue to choose Nikon for your photography needs.
If you have any questions, please contact Nikon Canada Customer Relations by phone at 1-877-534-9910, 8:45AM–4:45PM EST, Monday to Friday (closed certain holidays) or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.