Nikon Z. Evolved.See it in Action
Firmware 2.0: Eye-Detection AF & More
Superior image quality is the foundation of the Nikon Z series. Now, the all-new Firmware 2.0 upgrade builds upon that foundation with key feature enhancements developed in direct response to user feedback. Among the exciting improvements are the highly-anticipated Eye-Detection AF feature for still shooting, improved AF performance in low light and AE tracking capability in continuous high-speed (extended) mode. Firmware 2.0 ushers in the next era of a camera system designed to never stop evolving.
Available now for the Nikon Z 6 and Z 7
- Continuously tracks eyes, even when subjects move within the frame
- Works in AF-S and AF-C focus modes
- Intelligently recognizes the eyes of multiple people in the frame, giving you the freedom to choose which person and eye to focus on
- Remains locked on the eyes even when face is partially or temporarily obstructed
- Built on a legacy of Nikon autofocus and facial recognition innovations
Even Better AF Performance in Low Light
- Faster, more accurate focusing indoors and for night portraits
- Reduces the need to switch to Low-Light AF mode to acquire focus
AE Tracking in Continuous H+ (extended) Shooting
- Auto Exposure (AE) continues to track in every shot throughout the entire burst sequence
Ready to upgrade?
Transfer to an XQD card
Use a card reader to transfer the firmware to your XQD card.
Install on your camera
Place the XQD card in your camera, go to Setup and select Firmware Update.
Images and camera simulations for illustrative purposes only. May not be to scale.