Product Service & Repair
Are my Nikon products covered under warranty?Nikon's extended warranty is exclusive to Nikon Canada. Nikon products must be purchased through an Authorized Nikon Canada dealer. The following are covered under a Canadian warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Nikon COOLPIX digital cameras are covered under a 2 year warranty program.
- Nikon Scanners are covered under a 1 year warranty program.
- Nikkor lenses are covered under an enhanced 5 year Canadian warranty program.
- Nikon D-SLR bodies are covered under a 2 year Canadian warranty program.
- Nikon 1 bodies are covered under a 2 year Canadian warranty program.
- Nikon Speedlights are covered under a 2 year Canadian warranty program.
- Compact cameras (35mm and APS) products are covered with a 3 year Canadian warranty program.
This warranty will not cover: - necessary maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear. - modifications to upgrade the product from its normal purpose as described in user manuals, without the prior written consent of Nikon. - transport costs and all risks of transport relating directly or indirectly to the warranty of the products. - any damage resulting from modifications or adjustments which may be made to the product, without the prior written consent of Nikon, in order to comply with local and national standards in force in any country than the ones for which the product was originally designed and/or manufactured.
The warranty will not be applicable in the case of: - damage caused by misuse including but not limited to failure to use the product for its normal purpose or according to the user instructions on the proper use and maintenance, and to installation and use of the product inconsistent with the safety standards in force in the country where it is used. - damage caused by accidents including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, misuse or neglect. - alteration, defacing illegibility or removal of the model or serial number on the product. - damage resulting from repairs or adjustments which have been conducted by unauthorized service organizations or persons. - damage in any system into which the product is incorporated or with which it used.
What to include when shipping your product to Nikon Canada Inc.:You should pack your product safely and securely. Then, be sure to enclose the following information with your product:
- Return Address
- Telephone Number
- Written description of the problem
- Copy of the Proof of Purchase (if still under the terms of the original warranty).
- Proof or Purchase may be a copy of the bill of sale, credit card statement or cancelled check.
- The Proof of Purchase must include date of sale.
- Please note that Nikon Canada Inc. warranties do not cover misuse or abuse, including tampering by unauthorized persons, or impact, sand or liquid damage.
We recommend the following procedures for shipping and handling:
- Secure the product in the original box and packaging if available.
- Place the boxed product in a good corrugated cardboard box.
- We recommend insuring the product via the carrier.
- Obtain a tracking number when available
- Do not include any batteries, neck straps, memory cards or other accessories unless they are part of the issue
Where to ship your product for servicing:Send your product to the address below, according to where you reside within Canada.
|Nikon Canada Inc.|
3300 Chemin Côte Vertu Rd.
8-13511 Crestwood Place
|For Customer Support & After Sales Service: 1-877-534-9910|