Today, Nikon Canada announced the Canadian availability of the compact and lightweight Nikon D5600, a connected camera for those ready to step up their photography and unleash their inner artist, while easily sharing amazing images with friends and family. The 24.2-megapixel D5600 features Nikon SnapBridge1, which allows users to transfer images directly from their camera to a smart device through always-on Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology2 or Wi-Fi3, automatically.
“The Nikon D5600 is the latest camera in Nikon’s popular D5000 series – a camera line that represents a stepping stone for photographers who want to further explore their creative boundaries,” said Amanda Mohammed, Communications and Nikon Professional Services Manager at Nikon Canada. “Now with Nikon SnapBridge, users can easily upload and share images with their friends and family, showcasing what and who they love. With the introduction of Nikon’s D5600, Nikon demonstrates our commitment to providing an attainable and highly capable camera option for photographers of all skill levels.”
The Nikon D5600 offers users the creativity and performance benefits of D-SLR photography, including outstanding image quality, the ability to isolate foreground from background, full manual controls, incredible low-light performance and a class-leading autofocus (AF) system. For those looking to travel the world or capture their child’s birthday party, the camera offers a full suite of creative effects, robust features and controls, along with a touchscreen Vari-angle LCD monitor and enhanced video recording features.
- Seamless connectivity through Nikon SnapBridge: Nikon SnapBridge makes it easier than ever to share photos wirelessly through Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) as well as Wi-Fi connectivity. By establishing a constant connection between the Nikon D5600 and a compatible smart device, images can be sent from the camera automatically, ready to share. SnapBridge also makes it possible to seamlessly upload images to the cloud (Nikon Image Space) via a compatible smart device. Additionally, SnapBridge connectivity allow users to shoot remotely or easily transfer movies to a compatible smart device by leveraging the camera’s built-in WiFi connectivity.
- Performance that keeps pace with creativity: The 24.2-megapixel high-resolution CMOS sensor helps deliver excellent image quality and sharp, high-resolution images with colour and clarity that blow away those taken with a smart device, while the EXPEED 4 image processor offers powerful performance and prolongs battery life. Continuous shooting at 5 fps and a 39-point autofocus system helps capture fleeting moments and fast moving subjects with ease. Especially when combined with NIKKOR lenses, the D5600 is a great companion for those looking to capture and share life’s special moments.
- Amazing low-light performance: The Nikon D5600 provides users the capability to shoot in challenging light with an expanded wide 100-25,600 ISO range. The ability to use higher shutter speeds with minimal illumination gives users the tools to capture bright, clear images.
- Creative features: From a child’s low perspective to a shot above a crowd, it’s easy to compose from any angle with the 3.2-inch 1.037k-dot touchscreen Vari-angle LCD. Various in-camera shooting and special effect modes, manual controls and a new time-lapse mode and manual modes, allow users to take creativity to a new level and capture a special moment with ease.
Price and availability
The Nikon D5600 will be available at Authorized Nikon Canada Dealers in January 2017 for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP)* of $1,049.95 with the AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR.
Additionally, the Nikon D5600 will be sold as a body only for an MSRP of $919.95*.
For more information on these new Nikon products and pricing for optional accessories, please visit www.nikon.ca.
Nikon 100 Year Anniversary
Since the company was established in 1917, Nikon has cultivated its status as a pioneer of optical technologies around the world. Guided by a corporate philosophy of “Trustworthiness and Creativity,” Nikon provides a wide range of products and services globally by harnessing advanced opto-electronics and precision technologies. Nikon is proud to celebrate our 100th anniversary in 2017.
Nikon, At the Heart of the Image™. Nikon Inc. is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology; globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for an award-winning array of equipment that enables users to tell their stories through amazing photos and videos. Nikon Inc. distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; the Nikon DL series of premium compacts and COOLPIX® compact digital cameras; 35mm film SLR cameras; Nikon software products and Nikon sports and recreational optics, as well as the Nikon 1 compact interchangeable lens camera system and the KeyMission line of action cameras. Nikon Corporation, the parent company of Nikon Inc., recently announced the production of 100 million NIKKOR lenses in 2016, creating a new milestone in Nikon’s heritage of superior optics. All Nikon Canada products are sold through a network of Authorized Nikon Canada Dealers. For more information on Nikon Canada and its products and services or to find an Authorized Nikon Canada Dealer, visit www.nikon.ca.
Photos are available upon request and can be accessed in the Nikon Canada press room: http://en.nikon.ca/About-Nikon/Press-Room/index.page.
1The SnapBridge app is available for compatible iPhone®, iPad® and/or iPod touch®, and for smart devices running the AndroidTM operating system. The app can be downloaded free of charge from Apple’s App Store® and GooglePlayTM. SnapBridge can be used only with compatible cameras.
2The camera’s built-in Bluetooth® capability can only be used to connect the camera to a compatible smart device running the SnapBridge app, and to take advantage of SnapBridge features.
3This camera’s built-in Wi-Fi® capability can only be used with a compatible iPhone®, iPad®, and/or iPod touch® or smart devices running on the Android™ operating system. The Nikon SnapBridge application must be installed on the device before it can be used with this camera.
- Using the SnapBridge App System Requirements:
- Android 5.0 or later or 6.0.1 or later
- A device with Bluetooth 4.0 or later (i.e., a device that supports Bluetooth Smart Ready/Low Energy) is required.
*MSRP (Suggested Retail Price) listed only as a suggestion. Actual prices are set by dealers and are subject to change at any time.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Nikon Corporation is under license.
Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Wi-Fi Alliance. N-Mark is a trademark or registered trademark of NFC Forum, Inc., in the United States and/or other countries.
iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc., in the United States and/or other countries and is used under license.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android™ and Google Play™ are trademarks of Google Inc.
Specifications, equipment and release dates are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
For more information:
Steve Gold / Cindy Watson